You say Pesach- I say Potatoes

>> Mar 8, 2010

When I think of Pesach I think of potatoes. It’s like a knee jerk reaction. You say Pesach- I say potatoes. But the truth is there are so many fabulous recipes to keep you well fed through the entire holiday. From now until Pesach I will be featuring all kosher for Pesach recipes that are sure to keep your taste buds on their toes with some new and creative ideas to wow your family and friends. But since potatoes are a Pesach staple, I thought I would give you a recipe that I have really enjoyed making and eating. This is a recipe I found on chowhound and I bring it to you!!! B’teavon!

Lemon-Oregano Roasted Potatoes

4 large russet potatoes cut lengthwise into sixths (you could do sweet potatoes)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup water

4 teaspoons dried oregano

4 teaspoons kosher salt

2 teaspoons lightly packed lemon zest

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat potatoes. Bake until potatoes are well browned and crispy on all sides, turning halfway through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes (keep in mind every oven varies). Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Adding liquid to the beginning of the roasting process results in the best of all potato possibilities: As the potato wedges cook, they soak up the lemon juice, olive oil, and water, making them soft and fluffy on the inside. And once the liquid has evaporated, they start to roast, giving them a brown, crispy crust on the outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers



Picture

Picture

Keep It Kosher, Creative, Classy…And Always Delicious. B’Teavon

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP